U.S. Terms & Conditions for the Virtual Globetrotter Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This Sweepstakes is offered only in the continental United States and is open only to legal residents of the U.S. who have reached the age of majority in the state in which they reside (void in Puerto Rico, Florida and where prohibited by law) are eligible to enter. Employees, members of their same households (whether related or not) and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses) regardless of where they live of the following: Deutsche Lufthansa AG (“Lufthansa”), and its respective affiliated companies, franchises, promotional agencies, and anyone involved in the promotion, development and handling of this promotion are not eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will begin at 12:00 pm Eastern Time on November 18, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Time on December 18, 2015 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
|Prize||Prize||Quantity||Approx. value for each prize package|
|Zone 1||Discover Germany Travel Guide, $25 Online print photo gift certificate, Lufthansa-themed earbuds and case, Lufthansa-themed travel towel, Lufthansa-themed travel backpack, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB||5||$115.03|
|Zone 2||Western Europe Phrasebook, $25 Online print photo gift certificate, Travel stub diary, Lufthansa-themed umbrella, Lufthansa-themed tote, Lufthansa-themed travel clock, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB||5||$101.75|
|Zone 3||Best in Travel 2015 book, Mini Bluetooth speaker, Lufthansa-themed blue retro carry on suitcase, Lufthansa-themed tote, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB||5||$124.72|
|Zone 4||Global adaptor, $25 Online print photo gift certificate, Great Adventures Lonely Planet, Scratch Map, Lufthansa-themed umbrella, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB||5||$118.84|
|Zone 5 - Grand Prize*||Round-trip ticket from U.S. to Germany, Flight Simulator session at LH Flight Training Center in Germany, Lufthansa-themed tote, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB, Lufthansa-themed amenity kit||1||$2,003.24|
|Zone 5 - Second Prize||HD adventure camera, Lufthansa-themed tote, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa pilot 4GB USB, Lufthansa-themed amenity kit||1||$427.24|
|Zone 5 - Third Prize||Wheeled suitcase, Lufthansa-themed travel towel, Lufthansa-themed iPad cover, Lufthansa-themed seat buckle key chain, TSA suitcase belts, Lufthansa-themed travel clock, TSA lock, TSA luggage tag, Lufthansa-themed tote, Lufthansa pilot duck, Lufthansa Pilot 4GB USB||1||$211.29|
*Grand Prize flight ticket information: One Economy Class round-trip ticket from any U.S. gateway to Frankfurt, Germany, on a Lufthansa operated flight.
Ticket is subject to availability at time of booking and all travel must be completed by December 2, 2016. Winner must specify date of travel at time of booking and blackout periods will apply. Air travel arrangements must be made through Lufthansa only and winner must provide all information a minimum of twenty-one (21) days prior to their preferred departure date. Reservations may only be made within 90 days of departure date. Confirmation of requested travel date will be given 14 days prior to departure and will be subject to availability at time of booking. Once booked, travel arrangements may not be changed. The selected winner and his/her traveling companion must have the same origin and destination and must travel together at all times. The Ticket Prize winner will be responsible for all expenses not specifically stated as part of the Ticket Prize, including but not limited to, any applicable taxes, fees, baggage charges, airport charges and carrier surcharge up to USD $600, nor does it include the September 11th Security Fee of a maximum of USD$10 per round-trip, local transportation including air or ground transportation from the winner’s home to a Lufthansa U.S.A. gateway airport, overnight accommodation prior to or following the travel dates in order to accommodate flight connections, travel expenses within Europe, income taxes, insurance, passport and visa costs, gratuities, all meals, beverages, incidentals and any items of a personal nature. Cancellation insurance is not part of the Ticket Prize, but is recommended (must be arranged privately by winner). In the event of denied boarding, no compensation will be due by Lufthansa for costs directly or indirectly incurred. No mileage credit applicable. Winner is responsible for procuring adequate documentation for European travel. Ticket Prize must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. Ticket Prize is non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, for any destination.
"Lufthansa's Conditions of Carriage shall apply to all air transportation."
All Prizes must be accepted as awarded with no substitution. All Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part.
Your chance of being selected is determined by the total number of eligible entries received.
4. How to enter: In order to be entered into the Sweepstakes, the following steps must be taken: (a) visit http://virtualglobetrotter.com, read and agree to the Terms & Conditions; (b) complete the entry form; (c) agree that information on the registration page becomes the property of Lufthansa, and (d) play the game within the time specifications defined below. Incomplete or inaccurate registration forms are void. No other form of entry will be accepted.
A “Zone” is defined as 10 destination cities within a geographic area in which players are prompted to land a plane at a select city. Once all 10 cities are completed, the player is eligible for that zone’s prize selection. The same applies for each additional zone.
To be eligible to win a Prize, the registered participant must complete each Zone within the specified time period: Zone 1: Nov. 30-Dec. 2; Zone 2: Dec. 3-6; Zone 3: Dec. 7-9; Zone 4: Dec. 10-13; Zone 5: Dec. 14-18. You will be eligible for the drawing for each zone successfully completed.
Prizes will be awarded to persons selected at random from among all eligible entries. Prizes will be delivered to the confirmed winners. The random drawing from all eligible entries for each zone will be held: Zone 1: Dec. 3, Zone 2: Dec. 7, Zone 3: Dec. 10, Zone 4: Dec. 14, and Zone 5: Dec. 21.
By entering this Sweepstakes you acknowledge that you have read and understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Entries will be made by the authorized account holder of the email address profile submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is deemed as the natural person who is assigned to a username registered with the email account.
Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and such senders. Incomplete, inaccurate, or incorrect entries are void.
No other form of entry will be accepted. Any person who attempts to participate with multiple e-mail addresses, under multiple identities, or uses any device or artifice to enter multiple times in violation of the preceding entry limitation will be disqualified. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, or like (online) entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and result in disqualification of any entrant using such methods.
5. The selected entrants will be contacted by e-mail ONLY at the e-mail address entered on the registration form. If the selected entrants do not respond by e-mail within 7 days of transmission, or if the selected entrants do not comply with the Sweepstakes terms and conditions, those entrants forfeit any right to the Prize and other entrants will be selected. None of the Prizes are transferable or convertible to cash and must be accepted as awarded. In a dispute, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address will be declared the winner of online entry.
6. Lufthansa is not responsible for failure for any reason whatsoever of selected entrant to receive notification. Arrangements for the fulfillment of a Prize will be handled by Lufthansa. Lufthansa reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute any and all part of a Prize with a Prize of comparable value.
7. In order to be eligible to win a Prize, the selected entrants will be required to sign a declaration of compliance with the Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions and one or more releases waiving Lufthansa’s liability with respect to injuries, accidents, loss, or misfortune relating to the Sweepstakes and/or the awarding of the Prize. In addition, the selected entrants for a Prize must authorize Lufthansa to announce and publish their names, addresses and photographs (without remuneration) in any publicity.
8. Lufthansa is not responsible for any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer system, property or anything stored on or related thereto as a result of participation in, or connection with, this Sweepstakes. Entrants release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes and any Prize won.
9. Failure to comply with all the Sweepstakes rules or to sign and return any of the release forms will result in disqualification and other entrants will be drawn from the remaining eligible entries received. Selected entrants will be declared the winners only after meeting all of the above terms and conditions.
10. Lufthansa is not responsible for error, omission, interruption, deletion, delay in operation or transmission or unauthorized access to or alterations of entries, or for technical, equipment, network, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunction or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry by Lufthansa, even if it affects ability to enter or entry into this Sweepstakes. Lufthansa is also not responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected, delayed, destroyed or illegible entries. All submissions become the property of Lufthansa and will not be returned.
11. The decisions of Lufthansa for the Sweepstakes will be final and binding on all entrants. By entering, entrants agree that they have read, understood and agree to these Sweepstakes rules and regulations and release Lufthansa from all liability in connection with the Sweepstakes and/or any Prize. Prize is subject to all applicable Federal, State and Municipal taxes which are the responsibility of the winner.
12. Lufthansa reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any portion of this Sweepstakes at any time without prior notification. Lufthansa reserves the right to substitute a Prize of equal or greater value in the event of non-availability of the Prize for any reason. Void in Puerto Rico, Florida and where prohibited.
13. All federal, state, and local laws/regulations apply. This Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York, USA (without regard to principles of conflict of laws), with venue and jurisdiction Nassau County, NY and all claims must be resolved in the courts located in Nassau County, NY, except as required by law.
14. The name of the winner may be obtained by e-mail sent to firstname.lastname@example.org within 120 days after the closing date of the Sweepstakes.
15. Sponsor: Deutsche Lufthansa AG, 1640 Hempstead Turnpike, East Meadow, NY 11554.